Introduction to Basics of Computer
The computer is known as the greatest invention of all time. It has made our lives much easier. If you want to be a part of this century then you have to know using a computer. It is a compulsion that you can’t afford to skip. But, before knowing how to use it, you must know the computer well; all its parts, & equipment. The computer is made up of five basic components called Input Unit, Output Unit, Arithmetic Logic Unit, Control Unit, & Memory.
In a computer, the input unit is used to provide data & control signals to an information processing system. There are many input devices like microphones, keyboards, mouse, scanners, digital cameras, joysticks, or webcams.
The output unit of a computer is made up of hardware equipment that converts information into a human-readable format. It can be text, graphics, tactile, audio, or video. Some of the output devices are monitors, printers, graphic output devices, plotters, speakers, etc.
Arithmetic Logic Unit(ALU):
A significant part of the CPU performs the bitwise operations on integer binary numbers for the computer to understand. This is a floating-point unit that operates on floating-point numbers. It is the fundamental building block of the CPU along with the Control Unit and Memory.
The control unit of the computer directs the operation of the processor of the computer. It tells the computer’s memory, arithmetic & the logic unit & input, output devices how to respond to the instructions that have been sent to the processor.
Memory refers to a device that is used to store data & information for further use on a computer. It refers to a semiconductor memory where data is stored within MOs memory cells. It is also another super important part of the computer.
Types of Computers:
Now we are going to discuss the most commonly found types of computers. There are quite a few types of computers that are designed for various purposes. Here are a few of them
- Supercomputer – traditionally used for heavy computation or handling very large databases.
- Mainframe– used by large organizations for critical applications & bulk data processing.
- Server computer- provides various services like sharing data or resources among multiple clients.
- Workstation computer- these are specifically designed to handle professional tasks which are heavy computational or graphical.
- Personal computer– these computers are mainly used in homes or for businesses as well for word processing, accounting, desktop publishing, running spreadsheets, or database management applications.
- Microcontroller– these are used in automatically designed products such as cars, tools, medical devices, etc.
- Smartphone– yes, this has also turned into a computer now and it can do almost everything that a Personal computer can do.
Computers are running the world these days. From mails to video conferences, everything can be done on a computer. It connects you to the rest of the world and helps you lessen your workload. It has become an indispensable part of our lives and this change is worth it. To know more about the evolution of computer do read https://www.eschool.net/wp-admin/post.php?post=2114&action=edit